Monday, April 12, 2010

House renovations - how to make a room pretty!

I've lived in my house for about 4 years now. The time has gone so quickly and when I look around we (my partner and I) haven't done much decorating in that time.

So I decided now was the time! Choose a room and start beautifying! We have a large front room that we were using for miscellaneous items but the room really didn't really serve a purpose. Because this room would be easy to clear out we decided to make it the first experiment.

I know wallpaper is very 'in fashion' at the moment, but I also understand why - it's gorgeous! There are so many great designs around and I spent hours pouring over designs at a shop in Brisbane -  the wallpaper shop. They have all of these wonderful samples of the wallpaper and it's very hard to choose. Luckily I didn't have many restrictions as we were planning on getting the room painted and also carpeted later down the track.

So after a few months of procrastination our wallpaper is up! Still daggy furniture, light fittings etc but at least I can say I've started to make the house pretty!

wallpaper lounge room

2 comments:

  1. I have never written on a blog before but this is a topic I just love.

    Another great way to make a room look great
    (along with fabulous wallpaper) is to get some great storage bins because they are a beautiful way to store things that aren't so pretty.

    I came across this seller on etsy and her products are lovely and the photos really help provide you with some design ideas http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewingmomma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for posting on my blog. That is an awesome esty shop. I love esty so much, so many pretty things to find! Things from esty also feel so homeade and loved and I think they feel a lot more unique too.

    ReplyDelete